We are feeling so anxious about adopting. We wish we were having a baby placed in our home yesterday! :) Tanner's preschool teacher asked him if we had heard anything about a new baby and he told her that our baby is with Jesus! Braden asks me all the time when our baby is going to come and Gracie told me yesterday that she really needs a sister!
In all of my adoption searches on the internet, I have come across MTV's 16 and pregnant episodes. Adoption is such a tender thing. I bawl my eyes out when I see those sweet girls placing their babies in the arms of parents that they have selected for their child, and then I look at the adoptive couple and bawl my eyes out and the thought of emotions they are experiencing. It's amazing to me that the two girls who chose adoption on the show had the thought to consider all the things they wanted their child to have. Even more amazing is that they could look at what their lives were like currently and decide that they would break their own hearts to provide the things they wanted their child to have.
Oh, this is so serious. I usually try to be more light-hearted on here.
On another note- My mom and I were discussing adoption this week.
My mom and sister came along with us on a quick overnight stay at the church ranch Monday. When I was a child, my mom would take us kids camping by herself because my Dad's firefighting schedule kept him close to home a lot of times. I decided to be brave like mom take the kids camping for one night so we could get away eventhough Ryan couldn't come along this time. I was so glad that Grandma and Nellie came along to help keep the fire stoked and the kids not bored with mom. (Pictures taken from Grandma's blog because I forgot the camera!)
We discussed all of the unknowns. It's amazing that we really don't care about any of those things. I know that our Father in Heaven has a child and some special birth parent(s) that are meant to be a part of our family. Whatever that entails will be part of this great gift that completes our family. We can't wait.
It's like having presents wrapped and waiting under the tree during the entire month of December as a child. You can see it and you know that it will eventually be opened, but it seems like it's never going to come when you're admiring the beauty of that sparkly package with the beautiful bows. I wish it was Christmas Eve. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment