Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dear Birth parent(s)

When we think of the difficult decision that you are facing, we are:
*inspired by your strength as you face your challenges,
*amazed by your courage, and
*grateful for your maturity to consider the best options for you and your child.
We are anxious to get to know you. Thank you for spending some time getting to know us.

Ryan was born the youngest of four children in New Mexico. Growing up, I was involved in numerous sports (soccer, basketball, baseball, track and football), played the drums in the marching band, and was a lifeguard during the summer. I played the piano for 8 years when I was younger, but gave it up for the other activities and have regrettably never picked it back up. I loved fishing in the streams up in the mountains near my house and hiking and camping with my family. While I enjoyed the adventure of scouting, I probably wouldn't have earned my Eagle Scout award if it weren't for some loving and consistent prodding from my dear mother.

I spent two years as a missionary in Chile and loved learning Spanish very much. I loved the people of Chile even more and still keep in contact with many of them. After my mission, I returned to BYU, and graduated with honors in Accounting.

During my freshman year of college, I was determined to not go on a mission with a girlfriend, but there was one girl in particular that I couldn't stop thinking about. She had a great smile, was thoughtful and kind to everyone, and her eyes curled when she smiled - seemingly smiling right back at me. However, she had a boyfriend back home, so it took some serious convincing to get her attention, but I was finally able to do it - and I've been a lucky man ever since. Jen continues to amaze me with her willingness to sacrifice on behalf of others, her ability as a mom to teach, love, inspire and motivate, and for her constant support and patience with me as her husband. I find great strength in her love for me and for our family.

While I still love to play any sport whenever I have the chance, most of my time is busy with fixing or building things in the house, tending to my 'honey-do' list, and playing with my kiddos. I love being able to live close to the ocean, where a few times a year I can go fishing for salmon, tuna, or halibut, and hope to share those adventures with my kids as soon as they are old enough.

I have enjoyed numerous service opportunities in the Church - Scouts, Nursery, Activities Committee, Ward Mission Leader, Young Men's, Elder's Quorum, and the Bishopric. I have loved all of the different opportunities I have had to serve and have been blessed to learn from many incredibly spiritual and discerning people that I have served with.

Jen grew up the oldest of seven children in Washington. In my childhood I played soccer, but was also passionate about Drill Team, which occupied all of my extra curricular time during High School. A degree in Interior Design and a high interest in American Sign Language highlighted my time at BYU. Three days after my graduation from BYU Ryan and I were married in the Salt Lake City Temple.

Now I enjoy my time as a stay at home mom. I love experiencing life through my kids' eyes. During High School Dance and Drill Team season I have the opportunity to judge Saturday competitions. I also love to play the piano, draw, paint, dance and photograph my family.

Some of my favorite activities include baking treats and bread with the boys, accompanying our daughter as she plays her violin, playing Crazy 8's, blowing bubbles and watching our dog chase them, watching the kids laugh when I start to "bust a move", and snuggling with the kids for some reading time.

I am currently serving in the Primary at church where I get to teach and sing with the 3-11 year old children.

I love Ryan because of his unshakable dedication to our family. He is loving, non-judgmental, and level headed. Ryan loves to spend any time outside of work with the family. He doesn't view Daddy time as "babysitting". He truly enjoys his responsibility as a parent and he's INCREDIBLE with babies.

Our Family: We currently have three children. Gracie is our seven year old. She is a talented dancer, reader, violinist, soccer player, and she loves to learn. Gracie is a great big sister as she is very sensitive to the needs and feelings of her brothers (and she watches them like a hawk.) Because she always tries to do what is right, she is also a great example. Next comes Braden who is five. Braden loves to do anything that requires movement and danger. He mastered peeling out and doing doughnuts in his power wheels car at 3 years old and pretty much lives life at full throttle! He is always quick to offer help and we love how he reminds us to not take life so seriously and to laugh often. Braden's partner in crime is Tanner, our four year old. Tanner lives for preschool, playing the Wii with the family, and finding trains wherever possible. He is the family fashionista and con often be found wearing one of three outfits: his swimming suit, soccer uniform, or his "police shirt", commonly completing each outfit with a clip-on church tie. Tanner is independent, goofy, and likes to "make Jesus happy". He always reminds us to pray.

We have been greatly blessed by our children so far and love each one for their individual personality, weaknesses, and strengths.

Penny, our Mini Schnauzer, joined the family in June 2009. She is great with the kids and loves wrestling with us, playing fetch, and going to the park.

Since our marriage, we have always felt that adoption would play an important role in forming our family. Jen has diabetes, so we were never sure how many kids we would blessed with. Many friends and family of ours have been blessed through the miracle of adoption. Witnessing those tender mercies has confirmed our belief that Heavenly Father has a special interest in creating families. We have felt the strongest impressions that our family has a divine design about to unfold and are so anxious and excited to see what He has in store for us.

We hope for an open adoption where our child will have the opportunity to know and love their birth parent(s) and know how much love they have for them. We understand that your needs as a birth parent will fluctuate over time, and we embrace the opportunity to be flexible with an adoption plan as those needs change. Most importantly, because you will share a big part of you with us, we hope to share a big part of us with you.

Again, we admire you and your determination to provide for your child. We are in no way perfect, but we offer a house full of joy and love, testimonies of the gospel and atonement of Jesus Christ, and a commitment to love and cherish our children. If you would like more information about us, please email us at jenandryanadopt {at} gmail {dot} com.

We look forward to meeting you.
Ryan and Jen

Profile ID: 23767772

No comments:

Post a Comment