Well, I was fighting for some things in the community that I felt so passionate about. Things that will affect my family and last night the deciding powers decided against my hopes. I'm so sad about it. It makes me tired thinking about it.
After I vented to my sweet mom last night at 9, she showed up on the doorstep with a giant bouquet of roses and mint ice cream sandwiches! Seriously, how lucky can I be?
Love that mom of mine.
So this morning when my Gracie was also disappointed with the outcome and a little emotional, I tried to give her the same loving treatment I enjoyed last night. I didn't have any roses on hand, and I didn't think that mint ice cream sandwiches were a good idea before 9AM, but I did lovingly pack her lunch with some extra treats and massaged her face after sprucing up her hair, just the way she wanted it. She'll also be happy to find a little vase of roses in her room after school and violin today!
I think we're gonna be OK. I'll admit that last night I felt like egging some one's house but I'm happy to say that I resisted. It's nothing that can't be overcome with a box of ice cream sandwiches, roses and some extra massages!

I know the feeling all too well! I spent the night at my mom's house last night and had brownies, ice cream and hugs. It worked!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a better day!