Waiting for an adoption situation has played with my lack of patience, so Ryan and I began exploring other options. We decided to look into the State's Foster to Adopt program and started by talking to my aunt who is a great example of love. Aunt Debbie has adopted 7 of her 12 children through the State's foster to adopt program! Talk about an expert.
She had so many great things to say about the program and brought to light a bunch of things I had never considered or thought about. It got me excited, so...tomorrow we will attend our first orientation meeting. I've learned that there are two orientations for this program. What I'm most excited about is that we will be actively doing something to find our family member(s). As far as I'm concerned it will only be more blessings from here.
I keep thinking back to the feelings that touched my heart when we were first talking about adoption. I know that there is a child who is meant to be with us. I know that it will eventually happen. I just wish I knew how and when....
Oh- and we moved Tanner and Braden into a room together. They now happily share a bunk bed which freed a room for our next family member. Now the question is what color will the walls need to be painted?
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment